FAQ of GoTrust ID
1. About product
1-1. What is GoTrust ID?
1) Working as a Windows Hello certified companion device it is designed to securely sign into Windows Hello or unlock MacBook using your iPhone or Android phone, without typing a password. Using a Bluetooth connection, your phone will complete the unlock process on your Windows 10 or MacBook computers. Fingerprint verification on your phone is an additional security option. Utilizing your phone is much easier and much more secure than typing your username and password.
2) As a smart phone alternative to the FIDO USB Key it can be used to authenticate FIDO 2-step login used by many of the most popular cloud applications including Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Microsoft, Salesforce, Twitter, AWS or GitHub accounts in Chrome browser. GoTrust ID works with BLE communications, to use your phone to simulate the FIDO USB Key, thereby replacing the USB Key with your phone. Your phone is even more secure than the conventional USB key as you can now include another authentication factor using your phone to add fingerprint or facial biometric verification, often a mandatory requirement for more mission critical and government secure sites.
GoTrust ID app should be installed on your computer (desktop requires BLE support) and phone, pair your phone with your computer to experience GoTrust ID seamless sign in/login process.
1-2. Is GoTrust ID secure?
GoTrust ID is designed to protect your computer login in an easier and more secure way. The major security features include:
GoTrust ID is Microsoft Hello certified APP to meet all security requirements from Microsoft in both phone and Windows.
Communication between computer and phone is encrypted by AES-128
Credentials stored in phone are encrypted and protected by Android TEE or iPhone Secure Enclave
Advanced security feature uses biometrics on phone to ensure 100% identity of user.
All cryptographic algorithms such as symmetric, asymmetric, hash algorithms follow NIST standards
We restrict login distance to within 3 meters.
1-3. What is the Premium version?
Premium version adds all of the extra GoTrust ID features listed below. You can have a 14 days trial to evaluate them.
1-4. What are the key differences between the Fast mode vs the Trust mode?
The key difference is trust mode enables fingerprint, face or iris recognition on your phone to verify it is you before login your computer.
1-5. If the computer is shared, can multiple phones be used to unlock the computer?
1-6. What’s the value of GoTrust ID for gamers? Do any gaming websites support GoTrust ID?
The account protection is very important to gamers. With GoTrust ID, gamers can login their computer with their fingerprint, face or iris recognition on their phone to verify it is them before login to their computer.
Moreover, phone can support FIDO U2F key 2 steps login website so you wouldn`t need to buy a USB security key.
1-7. Since the computer is unlocked if my phone is within 3 meters, does that make my computer less secure?
Fast mode is designed for people who need a password to protect their computer but are looking for a convenience way to login. To make it more secure we reduce the BLE range from 10 to 3 meters, and also your phone will get notification when the computer unlocks. We suggest you use fast mode in your private space like home and use trust mode when you are in public place.
1-8. If my computer includes a fingerprint reader, does GoTrust ID still provide value?
Yes, GoTrust ID is an app designed to make your digital identity more secure, it supports unlock your computer with fast mode or trust mode. Moreover, GoTrust ID makes use your phone to replace your USB Security Key.
1-9. What is Phone as security key?
Nowadays people use USB security key on 2nd factor authentication, but this physical device is getting a burden to us, we need to carry it when login to cloud service, and because it’s too small to be lost easily. So, why we don’t use Smartphone to replace USB, smartphone is getting a powerful and secure and you and your phone are always together. GoTrust ID offers a smart phone alternative to USB FIDO Key authentication for FIDO 2 step security login used by many of the most popular cloud applications including Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Microsoft, Salesforce, Twitter, AWS or GitHub accounts. A Bluetooth (BLE) connection between your phone and your PC or laptop replaces the USB FIDO Key.
1-10. How do I enable Phone as Security to my cloud service (Google, Dropbox, Facebook, etc.)?
1) First, Launch GoTrust ID on your computer and smartphone, and follow the instruction to complete the pairing.
2) Second, click “Phone as Security Key” on GoTrust ID on your computer, and follow the instruction.
3) Third, you need to enable 2-step verification or 2-factor authentication on your cloud service (Google, Dropbox, Facebook, etc.) and select “Security Key” when set up alternative second step, and launch GoTrust ID on your smartphone.
Fourth, follow the instruction from cloud service to complete the process.
* Click here to watch the demo video.
* If you cannot find the entry to enable 2-step verification or 2-factor authentication, you can check the “Security” option on your cloud service. (Google, Dropbox, Facebook, etc.)
1-11. How should I do if I don’t want to use Phone as Security anymore?
You can remove the Security Key which you enroll by GoTrust ID on your cloud service (Google, Dropbox, Facebook, etc.).
3. Technical support
3-1. Which devices does GoTrust ID support?
Android 6.0 or above and iOS 10 or above.
Computer with BLE support.
Windows 10, RS3 or above.
macOS 10.12 or above.
3-2. Can I email you if I need help?
3-3. Why my Phone as Security key feature doesn’t work?
Please check the following steps,
- GoTrust ID has been installed on your computer and smartphone. if not, you can download it from store.
- GoTrust ID Plugin has been installed on your computer. If not, the following link is to download GoTrust ID Plugin https://www.gotrustid.com/gotrust-id-plugin.
- GoTrust ID has been paired your smartphone and computer. If not, please start GoTrust ID pairing process on your computer and follow the instruction to complete the process.
- GoTrust ID has been set up on your cloud service (Google, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.) as “Security Key” in alternative second step. If not, you can set up a new “Security Key” on your cloud service, and launch GoTrust ID during the setting up.
3-4. What should I do if I want to switch to new smartphone, can I still use phone as Security Key?
Please check the following steps,
- Using your old phone to login to your cloud service (Google, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.) and remove your Security Key.
- Paired your new smartphone with your computer.
- Check GoTrust ID Plugin has been installed on your computer. If not, the following link is to download GoTrust ID Plugin https://www.gotrustid.com/gotrust-id-plugin.
- Login to your cloud service (Google, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.) and you can set up a new “Security Key” on your cloud service, and launch GoTrust ID on your new smartphone during the setting up.
3-5. What should I login to my cloud service (Google, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.) if I lost my smartphone?
3-6. What should I do if uninstall GoTrust ID on my computer or phone, can I still use phone as Security Key?
2-1. Where can I download GoTrust ID?
Please download from the appropriate links below.
2-2. How many computers can I pair with my phone?
Your phone can pair with an unlimited number of computers, but your computer can only pair with one phone.
4-1. How do I sign up?
There are two ways, please check below.
- You can use your Google Account to sign in to third party sites and apps. You won't have to remember individual usernames and passwords for each account.
- Platform sign up: Your most commonly used email account and input your password (must be minimum 8 characters).
4-2. How do I upgrade to GoTrust ID Premium?
4-3. What if I forget my password?
5-1. How much will I be charged for Premium version?
5-2. How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription from your Google account or Apple ID.
If you are an iPhone user, please use link or operations below.
- In the iOS device, select "Settings".
- Go to "Settings " and tap " iTunes and App Store ".
- Click on "Apple ID" at the top of the screen.
- Click "View Apple ID". (You may need to enter a password)
- Click on "Subscribe" and click on "GoTrust ID Premium". Here you can view the subscription date, plan and other information. To cancel the subscription, please click the "Unsubscribe" button below and press OK.
- Complete unsubscribe
- Go to play.google.com.
- In the left menu, click My subscriptions.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel and click Manage.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
5-3. Where can I find my billing information?
You can find your details of subscription from your Google account or Apple ID.
- If you are an iPhone user, please check support from Apple
- If you are an Android user, please check support from Google